Thursday, November 1, 2018

Portrait(s)


Date taken: 10/19/2018

Canon PowerShot Sx420 IS
Shutter speed: 1/25 sec
F/3.5
ISO:200
Focal length: 4.476 mm
No tripod
No flash


   


For this project my roommates and I went to Hobby Lobby to take photos. For this project I wanted to take most of my photos in the floral and greenery sections. I wanted to take photos that had a playful fantasy element. My roommates are creative, playful, artistically minded ladies and I wanted to depict this in their portraits. For these portraits I did not want it to look like I was shooting in store, so I took my photos from a lower angle, to create a solid background of plants. I ended up taking a large variety of photos in various poses and backgrounds. I wanted to do as little editing to these photos as possible as I wanted to keep them as accurate to life a possible. I picked locations in the store where the light reflected off of surfaces to mitigate the harsh fluorescent lights throughout the store. I also worked with my roommates to arrange greenery and flowers to create a more dynamic shooting location by layering items in the foreground and background. I did not end up using a tripod for this shoot, although for several shots I did balance the camera on a surface. For the majority of the photos I placed the camera about 5-6 feet from my subject and then used the soom to get the shot that I wanted. I believe that this was a successful project as I was able to take photos of my roommates were there joyful personalities are captured in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment