Thursday, November 8, 2018

Night: 2


Date taken: 10/24/2018

Canon PowerShot Sx420 IS
Shutter speed: 1/1000 sec
F/6.6
ISO:400
Focal length: 180.6 mm
No tripod
No flash

For this project I wanted to do a variety of night shots. I have always wanted to be able to take photos of the moon, as well as photos of fire as I think that they are difficult subjects to capture due to the dark surrounding and the brightness of the subject. My fire shot was was a chance. I had happened to be at an event where they had a fire going and I had my camera on me. I had tried to take photos of fire with my phone but it was always incredibly overexposed and never turned out the way that I wanted it to. I also have wanted to take photos of the moon for a long time. For this shot I took many photos over the course of several hours to take photos. For the first few hours I found that the lights from the football field interested with the shot and washed out the image. Once the lights were turned off I found it much easier to take clear photos. For my final shot I propped my camera on the balcony railing outside of my room and raised the exposure time to let more light in. I was very pleased with the way that the moon photo turned out, I was also surprised that my camera could take such a clear photo from so far away, as I do not have a particularly powerful camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment